2013年9月5日 星期四

Free writing 5---WiFi set-up, time saving tips



Network provider---who bans
students
from using WiFi
Sept.2 was the start of my school. There are quite a few changes. The most disturbing thing is new students moving into my dorm which will break the peace we now are having. On the other hand, the most annoying thing, that I have been busy with, is the WiFi and the campus network of ChinaNet. Ever since it’s changed to the form of webpage login and the “automatically obtain an IP address” in the IPV4 setting the WiFi router doesn't work as it did. The only way I could do with it is setting up in my laptop a hot spot that shares my internet connection with other devices. It’s doable, but not really convenient for me every time turning on the laptop for WiFi access. Furthermore, I am always worried about the new students messing with the WiFi router. So I’m really trying hard, looking information up online. I tried every possible suggestion online, but due to my lack of knowledge of computer, I'm not getting anywhere so far. It’s extra difficult for me to get at the internet things. At least now I know a bit about where to set up DHCP, getting the ipconfig/all command; gateway, subnet mask...(still have no idea what they are) (somebody help!)

It was a break between classes when I grabbed my deskmate's book written by Mary Kay---she works in Mary Kay, learns from Mary Kay, uses the products of Mary Kay---something called “how to become a successful woman”. I found something that’s practically useful, and I think I’ll try to put it into practice.

Write down six important things that you have to do today. Tick out one when you finish it. Do the most difficult work, in a successive order. This will make you work faster.

The other thing I read on the book is do two things at a time. Like reading while waiting, replying emails on the bus home, making appointment or answering phone calls while driving. That’s how effective people use their time.

The last thing I read about---also what I've known about---is getting someone to do something for you. Before I know this I've always thought about this: why you should get someone to do small easy things for you while you can just do it your own? That’s simply because I never deem my time valuable. It's because I have too much time, or I have much free time, or I’m not trying to do anything that is worth the time. Well, you never see a CEO in a big company makes every appointment themselves. They have a secretary to do it for him. They could use their time for something that’s worth more. Someone has always told me that something that takes too much time isn't worth his time; he could just do it in a simpler way or pay someone a bit to do it. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言