2013年6月4日 星期二

free writing 4--certification, cicada


Early as usual as in the 8am class day I was up for the nihongo class. Hungry as always as I am in the 8am class. kyouza is a must and only choice for breakfast. During nihongo class we got a message. There came a bad news: we need to hand in 3 certification to prove we have done translation work. "Translation every month" counts. However, we were told we didn't have to do it, so the whole class didn't do it, so that makes zero certification. Suddenly I was reminded doing translation of the guide "dealing with police in the US" sometime before and I guess it could be taken into account. Everybody was thinking where to get a stamp from a company, as it says we only need a certification and a stamp on it. I'm like, what the hell, a certification is not going to prove anything, anyone can forge one. Of course it's a big crime, but I dare the school would check it. But how are we supposed to get 3 certifications out there in less than 4 days? And I would even guess the school would tell me my translation of the guide does not give any proof unless they write you a certification.

For lunch I cooked cucumber and bitter gourd. My way of getting the bitter away is to put sugar in it. I use this method everytime I cook it, and it failed everytime. The sweet taste is only on the surface, and it didn't at all penetrate into the gourd. I think to myself: why I don't check online first? Some TV while eating is always followed by a sleepyhead. How hard I tried not to go to nap, but under the force of Mr. Chau and my limpness, I went.

5PM again! It always takes 2 or 3 hours my precious time from me and only in return gives me an exhausted head from all the dreaming. I remembered it was a bad dream, in fact a few bad dreams, in which I was blamed to make a decision. I don't even want to recall it.

This time my roommate made a new dish of chinese cabbage(or celery cabbage or baby cabbage)soup with dried shrimp, tasty! There's a sweetness coming from the cabbage combined with the taste of the dried shrimp. I dried up the bowl of dish, again, tasty! The fried white cabbage is again too salty, as a result of putting too much salt. I always worry it's not salty enough, then it always turns out to be too much salt.

Rainfall long after the heat going on cools everything down. We opened door and window, let some cool air in from the nature instead of air condition. Insects love mild temperature and rain. When it's the right time they come all out. The popular insect of the season goes to cicada. A cicada striked the room, dashed against everything as if it is blind, and finally collided with the fan blades running and hit the table and lied dying. We were so scared to even just watch the whole show, I didn't want to touch it until I made sure it's dead. Soon it dropped on the floor and I swept it out of the room when it still struggled and chirped. The high pitched sound it made scared the shit out of me, I just wanted to get it out of my room.

Made soymilk with soybean, azuki, red bean and sesame. We drank it all, not to leave for tomorrow's breakfast, as I want to eat the steamed rice rolls.

2010-6-5

沒有留言:

張貼留言